Thursday, October 11, 2007

The City Drive

Remember that old show Big Wolf on Campus? The one with the jock who turns into a werewolf and has to team up with the gothy Merton J. Dingle? I looooved Merton. I'm a dork, I know, but I loved that character and he was so cute.

Fast forward to the present day. I check Wikipedia on the show to find out more about it. (Gotta love Wiki). The actor who played Merton is a guy named Danny Smith, who is not only an actor, but a singer/musician. He's in a band called The City Drive. They've got a few songs on the band site that automatically play and I was quite happily surprised with the quality.

Malifluous.

There's one song in particular, "Runner" that's sooo good. I really wanna sing it myself if I can get a good backtrack to it. I was gonna pick up the bands' album at HMV yesterday, but they DIDN'T HAVE IT! X_X I guess I'll have to check out the big HMV in WEM, or get them to order it for me.:/

They also made a couple podcasts which I found through their MySpace page. So funny and awesome. I nearly choked on my popcorn. (Yes, I was actually eating popcorn at the time.)

Anyhoo, this is my new favourite band right now. You better check them out. Or else. Or else I'll beat you over the head with a guitar. I do own a guitar, y'know, even though I don't know how to play it.

Ok, maybe I won't beat you over the head with a guitar, but I WILL constantly show you pictures of Danny and shout "ISN'T HE PRETTY?!" like a teenage schoolgirl.

NYAH!:P

No comments: