Monday, September 03, 2007

Drumheller

A week ago, we took a day trip to Drumheller as our 1 vacationy thing this summer. We went to all the usual places we go. Reptile World, gift shops, the Royal Tyrell Museum and The Fossil Shop.

At the museum, they did a lot of cool redecorating. Before, when you entered the museum, there was a big spinning globe with a spotlight as the sun and a narration talking about the earth in space. Everyone used to just walk right by it, so they got rid of the whole thing. Now, when you come in, you're put in a Jurassic Park-esque rainforest with several Albertosaurus, complete with painted backgrounds and soundtrack. I tried to take some cool pictures of it. We'll see how they turn out.

I ended up coming home with a salad/pasta fork shaped like a velociraptor arm, a fossilized ammolite in a bit of rock, a fossilized shark tooth and a tiny stuffed utahraptor. I wanted to look for another opal necklace, as I had gotten my current one in Drumheller, but it's very rare to see opals set in jewelry, and the ones that are, are always $600.:/ The white opal in my necklace has cracked, which is common for opals. Maybe I'll have to buy a $50 opal and then take it to a jewlelers to have it made into a pendant.

No comments: