Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Late Night Walks.

Since it's been so hot out, I often go out for walks in the late evening. Tonight, I loaded up my iPod, put on jeans and a sweater(mostquitos are vicous), grabbed a bag of chips and went out walking.

On my way down main street, I cross paths with the neighbour guy, Tyler. I had met him once before on one of my walks, although that was was around 9pm, while this was more like 11:30pm.

He says, "W-what are you doin' out here? Do you have a problem or something?"

Me: No. Just going for a walk, listening to stuff.

Him: You should stay at home.

Me: But it's hot in the house...

And we go our separate ways.

Had I thought of it at the time, I would have said, "Well, I'm an adult, I can go out for walks at night," since I have a slight suspicion now, that he may think I'm more like 14 instead of 19.

As I returned back to the house, I saw him walking along the sidewalk in front of my house. He disappeared into his own house a short time later. I kept walking for a little while and watched some distant lightning. Didn't see him again as I came back.

I'm curious now, if he just thinks it's unsafe in our town for any woman to go walking at night, or if he thinks I'm 14 and doesn't want me to get into trouble.

No comments: