Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ice on Whyte

So this week, I'm singing at Ice on Whyte, and yesterday was my first night singing. I got the adress, checked which buses tooks me there and went on my way. I took a 7 down to City Centre and took the LRT from there to the University. I knew I needed to take a 4 or a 6 to get me to 104th street. I ho on a 6.

It's dark, and the bus is really crowded, so i can't see any street signs. All I could tell was that the bus was going very south. South was bad. I got off the bus. I had no clue where I was, so I started walking till I could find a street sign. It was a little after 7, so I called Jack to tell him I'll be late, if I make it there at all. Afew minutes later, I realize I'm on 113th street and 67th ave. NOT where I wanted to be, so I turned around and started hiking back toward 82nd ave.

Fortunately, a 6 comes by, and I'm able to take it back to the university. I didn't want to take my chances with it going the wrong direction again, so from the university, I WALKED to 85th ave and 104th street. I also just missed 2 buses that would have taken me most of the way.

I finally got there around 8 o'clock. It had taken me 2 full hours to get there from my house. Needless to say, I wasn't looking forward to the adventure of finding my way back home. Fortunately, a very nice lady drove me home.

Let's hope things will go easier on Wednesday and Thursday.

No comments: